Friday, July 15, 2011

In a Still Small Voice - A film about art, culture, and the loss of transcendence

Makoto Fujimura has to be one of the most inspiring and influential artists in my life that I look up to as a young artist. He founded "IAM" aka International Arts Movement, which is a network of artists working to inspire Human renewal and the "de-humanization" that's happening in the post-modern secularism of the West today. It's a movement which I'm a member and supporter of.
In term's of medium and aesthetic style Makoto's work could not be more different from the type of work I'm doing, but I definitely feel I share the same inspirations, motivations, and underlying beliefs which drive his beautiful art.

When I stumbled across this documentary which he took part in I knew it had to be interesting, but I had no idea it would be as powerful as it turned out to be...

if your an artist, a creative person, an appreciator of art, believer, non believer, or just a human being who genuinely cares about humanity and the state of the human soul, then you need to do yourself a favor and consider purchasing this film...
I guarantee you it will go beyond a simple inspiring documentary and prove to be something much more profound. If you feel the same way I do I'm guessing you'll pass it on to friends, colleagues and loved ones...




1 comment:

  1. Hey David

    So I found you through a YouTube video, while looking for "forging a knife" videos and stuff (hey, that's what we all aspiring blacksmiths can do, right?). Anyways, just thought I'd let you know I'm facinated by your work and am glad I found somebody who enjoys reading epics and sagas of old. I also looked into some of your artwork- great job! I'm also a Christian and a pencil artist (pencils and paper are a bit cheaper than anvils and hammers =). Anyways, great job and thanks for inspiring me!

    Cheers,

    www.bagpipesandink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete